Saturday, October 11, 2008

Back Injury and Exercise

I hurt my back a couple of months ago exercising. I was twisting at the waist and throwing my arms back and forth in front of my chest, as the video showed, and yikes, I pinched a nerve in my lower back. The pain and discomfort has come and gone and come again.

The issue is, I am trying to exercise to lose inches to, hopefully, fit my backside into a plane seat in January. I can't simply not exercise, so I have been looking for gentle exercises I can do while my back heals.

So far I have come up with this:
  • Walking - I'm not sure this is the best thing for a bad back, but it was suggested.
  • Swiming - There is no way I'm getting in a bathing suit!
  • Callentics - I did this years ago and lost 3 inches off my thighs in one week. It is supposed to be very gentle. I found it to be difficult but easier each time.

I did go for a walk today with the dogs. They enjoyed it. My back is screaming at me right now, but I don't know that the walk had anything to do with it. At least, it was a beautiful day.

I actually have the Callentics DVD. I think, I'll get it out and give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know!

No comments: