Sunday, October 5, 2008

Introductions

I read an article yesterday that talked about over-weight people and the size of airline seats. The bottom line, no pun intended, was whether or not larger people should pay for two seats. The truth of the matter is airlines are not going to give their customer's more room without higher costs. The population is not going to get smaller. The seats are not going to get larger. People's views on the heavy are not going to change.

Regardless on which side you may fall on this issue my problem is, I have a fat butt and I am flying to England in three months time.

My options are limited. One seat is about $1200 Economy class. Business class starts at around $2,600 a seat. Forget about First class.

I can't afford two seats let alone Business or First Class.

It's not that I can't fit into one seat. I can. The arm rest goes down. I lean towards the window and hold my breath and I don't touch anyone else. Of course, after eight hours in this position, I have cramps in my whole body and most likely have turned blue.

I live in terror the entire flight that the person next to me will make a snide comment, that I'll have to go the bathroom, or that my legs will have to be amputated from lack of blood flow due to the arm rest digging into them.

I'm afraid the only option I see available to me is to have a much smaller butt three months from now.

But how?

No comments: